4.29.2002

The Dreaded English Project

Puritans were crazy. Yeah, so they founded the United States and presented a new way of living. However, they had many, many cooky ideas about Religion, Government and Philosophy.

-- Excerpt from my English Project: Puritan section

It's something about English that really gets me going. For some incredible reason, I've actually decided to go all out in this English assignment, especially since it is the last one of the year and I feel the need to take Ms. Gilbert to the extreme. For all I know, she's expecting some quaint, nicely colored project that is both eye-catching and accurate. However, what she is going to get is a collossal project enough to take the skin off. And if the above sentence is any proof as to how it's going, then I'll be damned if I won't have a laugh over it all.

So, writing is on hold, being as I have about three projects in the works right now, and to tell you the truth I am a bit...erm...sad. I have many, many good ideas and I really hope I'll get to use them, eventually.

Back to the English Project.

Great Gatsby, Puritans, Black Boy [the novel by Richard Wright], Grapes of Wrath and the Bean Trees are all being thrown together into some type of massive colaboration comparing all the novels together. However, I really cannot see the connections between any of them and frankly, I don't care. With the shape that my grades have been the past two semesters, it wouldn't surprise me if I was scalped alive by my parents. So far, I haven't even gotten past the cover, which decorated cover related to theme which is engaging and colorful. The theme, by the way, is the American Dream. If anyone can find a way to connect any of these stories to the 'American Dream', please...please...PLEASE send me an email explaining it, because I am at a loss for words.

Then summer...[begin!nightmare] is so full, I honestly don't think I should be leaving school for any reason. I mean, seriously...it won't be any fun. No vacations, no...fun. And I might have to get a job.../sarcasm. SO, I am off to eat dinner and tangle with Paintshop Pro..

Kryssy, the I-should-be-asleep-schizophrenic-with-an-html-obsession

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home